The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Little Mac Release Ippo Update
WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 6:09 pm

» Link Release
WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 5:59 pm

» Captain Falcon Release
WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 5:56 pm

» Soul Calibur Edits
WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview Emptyby CARNAGE777 Today at 5:40 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview

Go down 
+14
asterione
Helio
JARRO77
ParaDo0x
Werewood
bam77
NamelessOnlinePlayer
NightDevil123
LESSARD
Doom
yolomate
MatreroG
Darthpool
volzzilla
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview Empty
PostSubject: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 3rd 2017, 9:17 pm

Shown off as part of MMV's 5th Birthday Party Release Event.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Early look, hope you enjoy and replies for discussion are highly appreciated Very Happy

WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Darthpool

Darthpool

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 3rd 2017, 9:23 pm

Good to see some more Batman villains. Good luck, Penguin doesn't seem like the easiest to incorporate into a fighting game.
Back to top Go down
MatreroG

MatreroG

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 3rd 2017, 9:42 pm

Looks nice. But I do not understand the helix coming out of the hat. May be I missed something in the comics?
Reminds me of Inspector Gadget:

Last edited by MatreroG on June 3rd 2017, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWXFLyId41h6itJE2IwhlQ
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 3rd 2017, 9:43 pm

is great I wait smart palettes!!! and yes another evil man for batman!
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 3rd 2017, 10:30 pm

Nice progress ... yes
Keep it up guys ... WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
LESSARD

LESSARD

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 4th 2017, 7:38 am

It looks very cool, a looooong awaited Batman foe finally come to mugen. WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview 2800933067
Back to top Go down
NightDevil123

NightDevil123

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 4th 2017, 12:50 pm

Can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
NamelessOnlinePlayer

NamelessOnlinePlayer

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 4th 2017, 12:59 pm

Liking the progress so far.
Didn't think I'd see a Penguin WIP.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl_qw6J6u1OSvtQFmnEepJQ
bam77

bam77

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 4th 2017, 1:52 pm

We need a Penguin in Mugen, one of Batman's most iconic villains. Great job.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 4th 2017, 5:20 pm

Simply one (1) of the best MMV's 5th Birthday Event MUGEN WIPs man! bat
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
ParaDo0x

ParaDo0x

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 4th 2017, 9:50 pm

Very nice!
Good luck with this wip!
We need more bat villians and Penguin and Two Face most wanted here!=)
Back to top Go down
JARRO77

JARRO77

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 5th 2017, 1:58 am

really cool preview best of luck on him!!!!
Back to top Go down
Helio

Helio

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 5th 2017, 2:40 am

It's really funny to be able of playing with this kind of characters you wouldn't see in a commercial video-game. But this is part of the greatness of Mugen, that everyone could be mugenized.
Classic comic-book villains are a must and The Penguin is one of them. Thanks for bringing him.
I think the rolling attack doesn't fit the character as he is not very athletic. I would use a sliding penguin (animal) helper instead.
Great work.
Back to top Go down
asterione

asterione

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 5th 2017, 2:42 pm

Thank you all for your feedback

MatreroG wrote:
Looks nice. But I do not understand the helix coming out of the hat. May be I missed something in the comics?

I'm the one to be blamed for that. You're right, it is a bit out of character (more close to the Mad Hatter or Inspector Gadget, than the Penguin).

In principle the penguin had the helix coming out from the umbrella, not the hat. The natural thing to do was to have him rise the umbrella, wait from the helix to come out, and have him fly. However, the Penguin already used the umbrella to hit and to guard, and consequenlty programming air hits/guards in which the umbrella was already used to fly would have been a mess.

For this reason I decided to go for a slightly "out of character" option, which was more feasable to code.

Helio wrote:
I think the rolling attack doesn't fit the character as he is not very athletic. I would use a sliding penguin (animal) helper instead.

Personally I think that the roll is a funny move for a character which is small and already roundish. Anyway, it was also the only special we could think of that was not a helper or a projectile (just to add a bit of variation in the moves).

Anyway, don't worry... many penguin-based helpers will be avalable (volzzilla did a excellent work on those).
Back to top Go down
MatreroG

MatreroG

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview EmptyJune 5th 2017, 9:55 pm

I understand, it's a creative license you took on the character. Sounds good to me, may be you could add some funky or caricature special and hyper moves. I think the "Rolling attack" and the "Helix hat jump" fit with this type of characteristics.
Hope to see more of this char soon. Good luck.

Last edited by MatreroG on June 5th 2017, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWXFLyId41h6itJE2IwhlQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview   WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview Empty

Back to top Go down

WIP Reveal: Penguin by Shining, asterione & volzzilla w/video preview
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next