The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Green Goblin by Chuchoryu FIX MMV/cormano EASTER EVENT
LF Concept Suggestion(s) Emptyby cormano Today at 12:33 am

» MMV Easter Egg Event 2023 - Happy Easter Everyone!!
LF Concept Suggestion(s) Emptyby Shining Today at 12:32 am

» Cyborg Superman by yolomate for Easter Egg event 2024
LF Concept Suggestion(s) Emptyby volzzilla Yesterday at 11:33 pm

» Shriek mugen char by Gartanham
LF Concept Suggestion(s) Emptyby gartanham Yesterday at 10:30 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LF Concept Suggestion(s)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rjiggler

LF Concept Suggestion(s) Empty
PostSubject: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 16th 2012, 1:16 pm

Hey. New here. Really love your work, especially yours, TOPS. Just wonderful.

Focusing on business, I'm seeing the Symbiote Wars stuff, and all of the Life Foundation symbiotes, and I although I read up on what was available, I don't know what the Arcade/Campaign story will be. If it is having some amount of focus on the LF, I do have a suggestion:

For those of you that played X-Men: Second Coming by the IMT, do you recall the battle with the Prime Sentinels? A collection of different AI bots that spawn on either side and attack, albeit kind of uncoordinated, but proves for a challenging "Bonus level." I'd say that format would work well as a bonus level for a Life Foundation, where you'd be attacked by a various assortment of their generic goons. Possible idea.

On a related note, that kind of idea would be really great for any Marvel MUGEN if you'd substitute LF with Hydra, AIM, RAID, random street thugs, SHIELD agents, etc. It'd be a lot of fun. The whole thing could hypothetically be hidden from the select screen (to ensure nobody tried to play as the mob), if anyone's figured out how to do that yet.
Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 16th 2012, 2:25 pm

Rjiggler wrote:
Hey. New here. Really love your work, especially yours, TOPS. Just wonderful.

Focusing on business, I'm seeing the Symbiote Wars stuff, and all of the Life Foundation symbiotes, and I although I read up on what was available, I don't know what the Arcade/Campaign story will be. If it is having some amount of focus on the LF, I do have a suggestion:

For those of you that played X-Men: Second Coming by the IMT, do you recall the battle with the Prime Sentinels? A collection of different AI bots that spawn on either side and attack, albeit kind of uncoordinated, but proves for a challenging "Bonus level." I'd say that format would work well as a bonus level for a Life Foundation, where you'd be attacked by a various assortment of their generic goons. Possible idea.

On a related note, that kind of idea would be really great for any Marvel MUGEN if you'd substitute LF with Hydra, AIM, RAID, random street thugs, SHIELD agents, etc. It'd be a lot of fun. The whole thing could hypothetically be hidden from the select screen (to ensure nobody tried to play as the mob), if anyone's figured out how to do that yet.

i really like that idea man
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 16th 2012, 6:13 pm

Thanks. Is that the case-- did people figure out how to hide characters on the select screen? Last time I looked into it, nobody had, but I don't remember Bastion being on XM:SC's playable roster
Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 16th 2012, 8:28 pm

Rjiggler wrote:
Thanks. Is that the case-- did people figure out how to hide characters on the select screen? Last time I looked into it, nobody had, but I don't remember Bastion being on XM:SC's playable roster

well bastion is a seperate download character but no he is not playable in the game i dont think, but i would like to pm you more about ideas and a possible story for the symbiote project. could i?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 16th 2012, 10:38 pm

T.O.P.S wrote:
well we already do have a basic story made for the game but I do welcome any fleshing out or expantions on it. adding in a bonus life foundation stage might be really cool. I remember a conversation with angelus a while back where we were talking about makeing one of high tech solders they had.

whats the story i never heard it
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 17th 2012, 12:35 am

You can absolutely message me, YS. I'm actually working on my first book, and I'm a confident writer, so I'd also be more than happy to look over what's been done towards the story, flesh it out and make grammatical corrections. And hey there, TOPS. Love your work.

Off of memory, you could probably start up a prototype for the LF goons off of most of the X-men. A helluva lot of them use combat boots and the like. Might also come across enough resources to put together a Crimson Dynamo sprite, see if you can get anyone interested in working with the same assets. I can't recall seeing any of Iron Man's villains in MUGEN, and an awesome Whiplash that uses tactics similar/superior to Omega Red would be gnarly. Whatevs.

I don't know how much help I can be, either, but if you need general artists or recolor/assembly work done, I might be able to accommodate you. As long as I can't find a job, anyway. Hahah

EDIT: Yeah, Cyclops is definitely the base to go with in this instance (pending anything that fits better). Take a look at these:
Only screenshot I could find worthwhile:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cyclops:

With holsters/etc that could be added afterward, the majority of the reconstruction work would be in the head, torso, and making the gloves longer. Otherwise, it's a winner. And you could probably get a good base for an AIM soldier, while you're at it. Definitely worth a prototype.
Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 17th 2012, 11:08 am

ok cool im gonna pm you now rjiggler. so wait your saying you could do some sprite edits?
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 17th 2012, 12:35 pm

Well, I could certainly try. I tried making Rinzler from Tron Legacy a couple days ago, but I couldn't get it down to reasonable shades of black
Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 17th 2012, 12:47 pm

its all good man we have some spriters on board that would be willing to help shading wise if you could sprite some stuff they could also help you edit things and stuff in their spare time if you would be willing to sprite some stuff.

you should show off your sprites also so you can get some feedback Smile
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 17th 2012, 2:29 pm

Gnarly. Though if you read what I sent you as far as a Story concept, you'd see that it's more or less likely incapable of using the LF as it's current age, and LF is long gone. We could probably fit something in, though, if youse guise are still interested. And I've got more ideas similar to the one this thread started on: if you recall, not too long ago, the Latverian satellite that dropped a "symbiote bomb" on New York, turning a bunch of regular people and heroes into Venom-like characters, the story's concept could easily have reawakened them. The level would have you attacked by a mob of weak symbiotes, preceding a fight with Wolvenom. My only real beef with the idea is that Venom's already in multiple places, so I would imagine that the better idea would be to recolor Wolvenom into a generic black symbiote on Wolverine, i.e. Symbiote Wolverine. It would also be a good excuse to give his AI a tune-up and turn him into a formidable mini-boss character.
Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 17th 2012, 2:57 pm

check your pm i am looking for something similar to what madam webb did in symbiote wars

hmm ill ask zvitor about that idea as well
Back to top Go down
Carnage2099

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) EmptySeptember 29th 2012, 7:30 pm

hmmm...kinda like the idea of generic characters jumping as a bonus stage like the HYDRA one

if u make it we can test it to see how it turns out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LF Concept Suggestion(s)   LF Concept Suggestion(s) Empty

Back to top Go down

LF Concept Suggestion(s)
Page 1 of 1