The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Word Association Game <--
Shao Kahn Custom WIP  Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» Ultimate E. Honda + stage
Shao Kahn Custom WIP  Emptyby ELECTRO Yesterday at 8:48 pm

» Yolomate : Episode VIII - The Last palettes
Shao Kahn Custom WIP  Emptyby yolomate Yesterday at 7:01 pm

» MARVEL ZOMBIE GAME
Shao Kahn Custom WIP  Emptyby jackBedson Yesterday at 5:36 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shao Kahn Custom WIP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ax

Ax

Shao Kahn Custom WIP  Empty
PostSubject: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 6th 2014, 3:05 am

Shao Kahn Custom WIP  T83Va31Shao Kahn Custom WIP  D7b5aYLShao Kahn Custom WIP  QFEwdPU
Shao Kahn Custom WIP  HIZSFY1Shao Kahn Custom WIP  URud1Kz
Shao Kahn MK3 for Comparison
Shao Kahn Custom WIP  Shaokahn

Originally this Shao Kahn was going to be based on Mortal Kombat Conquest, the live action show series in the 90s, however, Kahn really needed that Helmet so in the end I ditched all the ideas about that and just went for experiemnting with different bases.

Shao Kahn Custom WIP  RDBJaWRMLU1pZDgx_o_mortal-kombat-conquest---shao-kahn-vs-raiden-german

His mask was made from a MK3 stage skull prop w/Kahn's original helmet added on in addition for that Emperor look.  What a Face 

I changed the legs into pants, something done for the 2nd Mk movie, Mortal Kombat Annihilation and Mortal Kombat Conquest, the tv series prequel to MK the movie 1& 2.

Shao Kahn Custom WIP  A0113f

I wanted Kahn to use a different base entirely but it could not be done completely because the height retention of the original was just too good. I also wanted to try to make him with a cape since at the time another creator was doing it. Though I decided in the end that Kahn looked better with less. Still insisting on using a different base, I searched up every spritesheet I could find and I finally stopped at MK2 Jax  affraid

He was perfect! The tricky part was changing his skin color to be the traditional Kahn. The bases fit well and so the design was complete.

Shao Kahn Custom WIP  OBj5EZL
Back to top Go down
Lows 9.0

Lows 9.0

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 6th 2014, 7:06 am

I like your version of shao kahn.
Back to top Go down
http://allmugenstuff.blogspot.com.br/
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 6th 2014, 3:56 pm

Thanks. I know a lot of people don't like what I am doing in changing what they are used to, such as character appearances, though I wanna try and make MK fresh and different from what the others are doing or have done all ready. Throughout the project process I realized that MK3 has all ready been done before so I needed to change a lot of things. I lost a lot of my team members in this project because I ditched the MK3 guidelines. Though I wasn't troubled too much about that since the mk genre was dead at the time, I didn't really care because there weren't that many fans of mk in mugen anyway.

Anyway, at some point I decided to change it all and direct my attention to a new audience by fusing MK3 & Killer Instincts gameplay, in hopes of attracting the non-mk 6 button players, or at the very least spark the attention of mk and ki fans.  tongue 

I'm glad at least a few people will enjoy it though  jokers laugh 
Back to top Go down
Nexus Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 6th 2014, 3:59 pm

I not know how these models sprites work shao kahn look like he lost armor good job!
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 6th 2014, 4:29 pm

That was purely accidental but I guess it turned out pretty good in the end. Kahn looks lighter and younger.

That reminds me of a story plot twist I had a long time ago. In MK4 ps1 version, Reiko had an ending where he put on Kahn's helmet & mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwz1COjO_Vk

Then in one of the mk 3D games shao kahn is seen being killed by shang and quan chi.

@1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWvkOvJynF4

Well my idea was for shao kahn to take possession of Reiko after Reiko is beaten in a match and have him turn into the new Shao Kahn.

Shao Kahn Custom WIP  MKA_ShaoKahn_Reiko
http://www.trmk.org/images/mkarmageddon/MKA_ShaoKahn_Reiko.jpg
Back to top Go down
Erroratu

Erroratu

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 6th 2014, 4:54 pm

Reiko isnt Kahn,he is Kahns general,and Kahn punishes him in Armageddon because he realised Reiko wears his mask when he is gone
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 6th 2014, 6:19 pm

Erroratu wrote:
Reiko isnt Kahn,he is Kahns general,and Kahn punishes him in Armageddon because he realised Reiko wears his mask when he is gone

Yeah I know, I never made that claim either, though I'm doing my own MK game and I'm just sharing with everyone a story I had for bringing back Shao Kahn using Reiko in my game's plot.

In case you missed it, this is a made up story and game loosely based on mk events and characters.

It's just an idea for fun in storyboards for this mugen game. Maybe I should explain more my changes in this project's full game thread?  scratch 

I'll update it soon.  Shao Kahn Custom WIP  769613853
Back to top Go down
Erroratu

Erroratu

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 6th 2014, 7:06 pm

Oh you're makin your own universe based on MK?
Sorry,i thought you were stickin to the cannonical plot ,wasnt aware of that
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 6th 2014, 7:09 pm

If I stick to the mk games plot, I will be very limited to what I can do. I need to mix it up a little to get some freedom. It's still early but in the works.  Shao Kahn Custom WIP  670481599 
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  EmptyJanuary 12th 2014, 6:35 am

Shao Kahn Custom WIP  Kahno
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/2307/kahno.png

This was my old test edits for Shao Kahn, here you can see all of my ideas of how to make thsi character. A lot of these didn't make much sense LOL

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shao Kahn Custom WIP    Shao Kahn Custom WIP  Empty

Back to top Go down

Shao Kahn Custom WIP
Page 1 of 1