The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dillon (Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers)
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 Emptyby BlastoiseTheMugenCreator Today at 3:31 pm

» Cyborg Superman by yolomate for Easter Egg event 2024
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 Emptyby cormano Today at 3:00 pm

» Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire movie
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 Emptyby Doom Today at 1:21 pm

» Shriek mugen char by Gartanham
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:18 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!

Go down 
+11
DukeNukem 2417
galactus
NinjaRyu
Fightfan
wingnut
Ryon
Mistah Jorge
Ax
Red Hood
volzzilla
Varia the Hunter
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 18th 2014, 12:19 pm

Okay, your patch is front paged.

Zero Laser I won't worry about since you already basically added a variation of that when she merges with the Metroid, plus I want to stick with her actual abilities, Zero Laser not being one of them (not that we've seen at least). Most of these additions I may just let you do once I pass her off to you after release, but Ice Missile would be simple to do. I'm wanting to definitely add walljumping though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMarch 13th 2014, 10:46 am

Don't worry guys, I'm slow, but I have made progress lately! Razz

Some new things:
-Samus can now walljump! You cannot attack or anything until you land, but it gives you temporary invincibility until the animation ends. It serves as a helpful solution when getting backed into a tight spot.
-New special intro against BaganSmashBros' Ridley! Samus loads her arm cannon while saying "I got a long list of people I didn't wanna see... and your name is right at the top." It adds a bit more fun when you're facing Ridley now, and since Ridley also has a special intro against her, it's nice that both of them have banter towards each other.
-Screw attack now has a start-up frame and a few ending frames. If the last attack frame makes contact, the enemy will be knocked down. So while the Screw Attack is still useful, it isn't quite as easy to spam. Plus, the animation looks smoother now.

Next I'm gonna see about implementing her grapple beam in some way, shape or form. And then hopefully make her Lethal Strike. After that, it'll be some last touch-ups and any alterations before I make a final release.
Back to top Go down
galactus

galactus

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMarch 13th 2014, 11:14 am

The wall jump, special intro's against Ridley and new screw attack
sound great Varia31 Cool Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 670481599 ....good luck with adding those
other things as well, they great too Smile 

and really looking forward to the next release personally Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 2800933067 Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMarch 13th 2014, 2:39 pm

Sounds good...good luck on her.
But since she never said that, will it be as a text or..?
Back to top Go down
http://bagansmashbros.deviantart.com/
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMarch 13th 2014, 4:11 pm

It's actually a voice clip that I altered from one of the Mass Effect games from the female version of Shepard. Since she was voiced by Jennifer Hale (who provided Samus' grunt and scream effects in the Prime Trilogy), and it still sounds a lot like the voice from Brawl which I also use, I just found, downloaded, and edited this particular line.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 13th 2014, 8:21 am

While I finish Samus, I was curious if someone would be willing to create an alternate color palette for her? The only one I really want is the Gravity Suit. Basically the only things that would need to be changed are the orange parts made into purple, and the green parts (visor and chest lights) made light blue. Would anyone be up to the task? Like I said, I only really want one palette. Here is the Gravity Suit itself as reference.
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 Samus_p3

Due to this project bugging me so much now, because of the fact that I have so many other things I need or want to get to, I'm only gonna add the Grapple Beam attack, and possibly a few new animations, like a new idle pose for instance.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 14th 2014, 10:10 am

Okay, so far I've made several tweaks. She has a brand new Super Portrait (which looks WAY better than the last), some background effects for when her Supers are active, various adjustments on her attacks, plus a new sound effect that plays whenever Samus uses one of her different beams. It's supposed to give the impression that she's switching beams, akin to Metroid Prime.

Lastly, she now has a "Morph Ball Escape" maneuver for when she needs to get out of a tight spot. It's not an attack or anything, but it gives you invulnerability frames at the cost of a little bit of your Super Meter. You need only double tap "down" to perform it. It isn't too fast, though, so don't expect it to save you from every single situation. It's perfect for avoiding Supers so you can get behind your enemy, though.

Now, I really just need to give her that grapple beam attack, make any adjustments where needed, and then she'll be ready for final release. If someone could please attempt to make the Gravity Suit alternate color palette for her while I work (see above post), that would be great! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 14th 2014, 11:54 am

Varia31 wrote:
Okay, so far I've made several tweaks. She has a brand new Super Portrait (which looks WAY better than the last), some background effects for when her Supers are active, various adjustments on her attacks, plus a new sound effect that plays whenever Samus uses one of her different beams. It's supposed to give the impression that she's switching beams, akin to Metroid Prime.

Lastly, she now has a "Morph Ball Escape" maneuver for when she needs to get out of a tight spot. It's not an attack or anything, but it gives you invulnerability frames at the cost of a little bit of your Super Meter. You need only double tap "down" to perform it. It isn't too fast, though, so don't expect it to save you from every single situation. It's perfect for avoiding Supers so you can get behind your enemy, though.

Now, I really just need to give her that grapple beam attack, make any adjustments where needed, and then she'll be ready for final release. If someone could please attempt to make the Gravity Suit alternate color palette for her while I work (see above post), that would be great! Smile
Normally ot would be zombiebrock who would do this, but i wuant to help for once so i'll see what i can do
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 14th 2014, 11:58 am

um yes i tried to make the palette for you but the sprites are a mess but here's the the palete anyway

i caled it hehe coz i'm too lazy to give names.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sbk4f2
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 14th 2014, 3:14 pm

Unfortunate about them looking a bit messy, as you said. Still, I thank you for trying to do this for me! Much appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 22nd 2014, 1:14 pm

Samus is finished! Pending re-release now...
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 22nd 2014, 2:29 pm

Varia31 wrote:
Samus is finished! Pending re-release now...
All Right, i've been waiting for her, quite some time...
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 22nd 2014, 3:01 pm

The Gravity Suit palette had a few issues besides being a bit messy, as you said. There were some animations where the palette would resort back to the Varia Suit for some reason. I felt it took away from the character, so I'm disappointed as well when I say, I had to drop the Gravity Suit palette. Sorry about that. :/

I hope you still enjoy the character though.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 23rd 2014, 1:34 pm

She is ready for download! Check out the front page, or DOWNLOAD HERE!

You may leave feedback if you wish, but this is my final update for her. So please bear in mind that I may not work on her again.
Back to top Go down
Adminbot

Adminbot

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 EmptyMay 23rd 2014, 4:42 pm

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 Samus_idle_3_by_varia31-d7jfmj4

NEW
-Health reduced to 1000, but defense increased a bit.
-Wall jump ability, Morph Ball Escape move, and a super jump that doubles as her Shinespark attack.
-Grapple Beam trip move.
-Brand new character select icon and portrait.
-New Super activation portrait.
-A Super/Hyper Combo finish background accompanied by Samus' victory fanfare from Super Smash Bros. Melee.
-A Special intro against BaganSmashBros' Ridley (probably works with others, too).
-New, redone "thumbs up" victory pose.
-A third alternate idle pose.
-Extra sounds added
-More refinements and attack tweaks.

Posting to add an image and a changelog near Varia's post. Also edited topic to include date.

Thank you Varia!
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next