The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Shriek mugen char by Gartanham
The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 Emptyby gartanham Today at 1:00 pm

» Dillon (Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers)
The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 Emptyby volzzilla Today at 12:05 pm

» LEGACY OF KAIN MUGEN
The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 Emptyby DARK!! Today at 10:15 am

» Cyborg Superman by yolomate for Easter Egg event 2024
The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 Emptyby brucewayne74 Today at 9:47 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Will of the Maturity

Go down 
+5
Navana
Doom
LESSARD
yolomate
Mistah Jorge
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eduardo Merenda

Eduardo Merenda

The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJune 26th 2018, 10:21 am

Not a great thing, but maybe I'm finally understanding how to sprite something, even with the doubts about the length of the arms and hands...

Here is Seth with the (cool) clothing of the Maximum Impact series:

The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 XknUdq5
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Merenda

Eduardo Merenda

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 4:33 pm

This is not a great thing, but finally I'm getting started, undusted somethings and drawing something.
But it's just a start of a long, problematic and bad seen journey of doing sprites, because real people have no personality and is obsessed with money work.

There is more so-so, mediocre sprites made by me.
Everything will be reviewed, but in this moment I'm just trying to focus on the grinding (doing more draws, quantitatively) where I can make some xp and maybe level up?

The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 GbJ3DXk

The "mettalic" parts is awful, the pallete and the shadowing just aren't right.

The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 54RsgOj

OH, THAT HANDS! So ugly that it hurts! And why your hips are so big?

But, let's look this in a good side: She is Mai Shiranui from the King of Fighters: THE (terrible, without any ties to the original material) MOVIE, so that disaster won't be seen by many people...

Last edited by Eduardo Merenda on July 6th 2018, 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 6:44 pm

For cyber akuma:
All right, you can start by making the shadow in the arms darker once you nail the colors then you could retry the size and details of the cybernetic arm, his sandals look off to me too

As for mai:
Her left forearm looks wrong, i don't know what, but maybe her hand also need work, idk...

Last edited by Mistah Jorge on July 16th 2018, 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Navana

Navana

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2018, 8:49 pm

Nice job on the sprites! Keep learning! Smile
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Merenda

Eduardo Merenda

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 13th 2018, 9:02 am

Before everything, I have to say thanks for @MistahJorge for the sincere critic. My work is light-years away from the good, accurate standards, and I just really need criticism, especially when my faith in humanity is damaged, like now.

For Cyber Akuma... yeah, that's a hard one.
I had enough difficulties with the metal parts because there is not much reference of metallic things, and since I am still dependent on the direct reference then the shading of the metals was very bad.

But, about the slippers, are you just talking about the shading, or are their size too bad?

About Another Mai...
The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 D8Ib0yX
From there I already adjust to some detail in her clothes that missed because I was too lazy to watch the whole movie and take a closer look.

Yeah, with the D.D. hands, I really need to take the time and adjust the sprites...

For the "news":

The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 WhcX9EQ

The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 UzRiJ3W
Thanks for Tuki no Turugi for take the original screenshots, which was the base for this sprite.

Now it's time to back for the Darksyde
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2018, 4:07 am

Sorry, for not replying, i completly missed this:

For cyber akuma:
Quote :
But, about the slippers, are you just talking about the shading, or are their size too bad?
I mean, the colors might look a bit off, but in my opinion, i think that getting the size right should maybe be your priority

Mai:
Yes, i was talking about that forearm, it's the wrist that looks too bad

I have nothing for the new sprites at first look, well done
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Merenda

Eduardo Merenda

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 25th 2018, 4:28 pm

To begin with, ask one question that I believe will be completely ignored, but that it is:

While I'm doing sprites, do I really have to worry about having fun in this process?

Explaining: everything I do has a clear goal of winning dignity, being considered as someone worthy of respect.

And even though all the joy and fun give some flavor to the process, I realize that this blinds me, that I can not get a closer approximation of how close I am to being a really worthy person.

But whatever, here is some little fixes that I did:
@yolomate , finally I did what you told to me about D.D. Left one leg thicker and the hands are small (or not too big, like you said) Is the result good?

The old and The new:
The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 9NKvKAO The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 XNzX8fY

And modded the hair of Dante, now he is looking more like Dante... At least it does not look like he's wearing a turban:

The old and The new:
The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 QFQFQOa The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 FGGfqq1

And ending with another question which will also be ignored:

I'm doing an Anakaris, and he have a out of standard body.
From what I've seen, it looks like I need to adjust my arms, hands, feet, and waist. I can not explain it right because this is just an impression I have, nothing too rationalized.
But I'm not sure of that, because he's a giant character and has unusual measures.
Do I really have to adjust this mummy or am I just trying to justify laziness?

The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 O1j4Kp4

Last edited by Eduardo Merenda on July 25th 2018, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mazemerald

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 25th 2018, 4:30 pm

these sprites are so cool, but why are they so tall in comparison to other characters?
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Merenda

Eduardo Merenda

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 25th 2018, 5:05 pm

Are you talk about the mummy? Or is it about the other sprites I've shown?

If this is just for Anakaris, he (it?) is REALLY HUGE, with 2,70 m (8'10''), and this font confirms it:
http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Anakaris
And I want to do him more accurate with this sizes, so he (it?) must be a giant.

But, if for the second alternative there is the explanation.
There is two drawns on the board:
A small one, which is the original sprite;
And the big one, which is the same sprite enlarged by 300% for better viewing.

It has a Japanese spritzer that does this often, and since MSPaint can stretch without (large) distortions, then what I can do is make my work seen more clearly.
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 25th 2018, 6:33 pm

I think you do not need to create sprites to get dignity. Simply respecting the neighbor and acting with enough empathy. Do you want more ? Help when you are in your possibilities, participate in the forum, do pleasant comments when you feel it and if you have to say negative things do it with tact, constructive criticism thinking about the feelings of others.
Acting like that, you get the respect and appreciation of everyone.
If you want to do sprites or other works they will also be appreciated, but I think you have to enjoy the process.
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Mazemerald

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 25th 2018, 6:54 pm

i think you have the right talent to make big portraits in pixel sprites 2d.

it´s easier to make complete chars at this size.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Merenda

Eduardo Merenda

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 26th 2018, 9:51 pm

@Doom
Yes, your sentence was very precise.
But I admit that I find your post confusing, because it clashes into some (many?) fears, beliefs and limitations created and nurtured by me.
Or maybe I'm just being a crying baby, someone terrified enough to get out of the shadows of someone else and that if you only complain about everything ...
But in any case, ugliness does not cease to exist because you can't see it in the mirror ...

@Mazemerald
I think it's more easy to draw big portraits.
Yes, you need to put more details in a bigger sprite, but you have more space and can do bigger forms.
For that, I think it's more easy to do a more rounded circle and a straight line more accurately because of the size and space.

But I still can't master the process of shading. Now I have some light and basic notions, and this is not enough for make a good looking big portrait.
So much so that I have some big portraits that have been unfinished for some two years because of this lack of knowledge...

And make sprites (and a char) in a higher resolution from scratch its more hard than you think.
You need to put more details and more shading in the sprites, besides having animations with more frames.
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyJuly 27th 2018, 7:22 am

Eduardo Merenda wrote:
@Doom
Yes, your sentence was very precise.
But I admit that I find your post confusing, because it clashes into some (many?) fears, beliefs and limitations created and nurtured by me.
Or maybe I'm just being a crying baby, someone terrified enough to get out of the shadows of someone else and that if you only complain about everything ...
But in any case, ugliness does not cease to exist because you can't see it in the mirror ...

I encourage you to fight against those fears, beliefs and limitations. That will not allow you to enjoy your only life. If necessary, seek help. The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Eduardo Merenda

Eduardo Merenda

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptyAugust 21st 2018, 6:41 am

YES, YOUR FREAK BASTARD IS BACK!

And after some brooding and to do a review of a translation of a book, here are some repairs on sprites I've done before.
@Mistah Jorge, and anybody who wanna put your nose, did you think it was better (OLD > LEFT - NEW > RIGHT)?

The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 54RsgOj The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 RqfQpDl

Yes, I did some changes, the visual of the boots and the pantyhose was all wrong, and revamped not just the hands, but some forearms too, just for the sake of the aesthetics. And I like it.

The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 GbJ3DXk The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 5GTgazB

Gonna admit it: I don't understood the thing about the size of the cyber arm. Yeah, maybe needed some adjusts, besides the lighter shades of blue: they aren't light enough, but as I had a hard time finding a set that I liked ...

Just to make one thing clear:

YES, IN ANY WAY I WANT TO TRANSFORM ALL THE SPRITES I SHOWED (AND WILL SHOW) IN COMPLETE CHARS.

But I feel like I need to master these four skills:

1 - Sprites and animations
2 - Codification
3 - Professional notions of fighting game gameplay
4 - Charisma and ability to attract people

Well, now is the time for me to go. I'm putting off too much for the beginning of the Stylelife Challenge. I have to do it because, who knows, he can help me be a good influence and stimulate the salvation of some people.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Merenda

Eduardo Merenda

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 EmptySeptember 28th 2018, 4:13 pm

Yes, I have done the program, and what happens?
I FEEL GREAT!
Finally I can feel a freedom never felt before, and now I am happy with the process of making sprites!

But now let's get down to business and show what you want: drawings!

STARTING WITH INDIANA JONES!
The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 TAXEEAL

Just ignore the shotgun, the black hair and the fact that he is Draco from Samurai Shodown that he soon becomes the best archaeologist in the world, right?

And now, a little story:

There is a gaming company who have a idea to revive an old game: Alpha Mission, a shmup.
They liked the idea, but they missed something to get the attention of their product; a mascot.
One day, the team had a lot of free time, and decided to do what they liked best: play Super Smash Bros. Brawl and watch videos of Hatsune Miku.
The director passed by, and saw someone defeating everything with the Zero Suit Samus, and realized one thing:
Here was the future of Alpha Mission. The two girls together would make a game of spaceships succeed.

And then, Uni-08 was created:
The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 B9V42BW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Will of the Maturity   The Will of the Maturity - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Will of the Maturity
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Graphical Arts :: General Sprite Edit & GFX Section-
Jump to: